Famous Irish landmark, The Cliffs of Moher is Ireland's entry into the 7 new wonders of nature and the Cliffs need your support more than ever, it costs nothing, it means everything. The Cliffs are competing with some of the world's greatest names such as the Grand Canyon, The Dead Sea, The Black forest, The Amazon, Bay of Funday etc.
Here's 7 Reasons why should vote for the Cliffs !
1. The Cliffs of Moher are 320 million years old and tell the story of the earth through geological time.
2. They are Ireland's most visited natural attraction with almost one million visitors every year.
3. They are a Special Protected Area for seabirds with over 30,000 nesting pairs each year including Puffins, Guillemots, Razorbills, Fulmars & Kittiwakes and so Ireland's largest mainland seabird nesting colony.
4. O'Brien's Tower, the first visitor centre, was built 176 years ago in 1835 by Cornelius O'Brien.
5. Ireland's largest and most spectacular surfing wave "Aileens" rises below O'Brien's Tower.
6. They have inspired music, literature and legend since time immemorial.
7. They have been the location for movies including Harry Potter & the Half Blood Prince, The Princess Bride, Into the West and Ryan's Daughter to name just a few, TV shows like Father Ted, music videos by bands like Westlife.
Get behind Ireland, get behind the Cliffs of Moher and vote today